Saturday 23 April 2016

Research (Black Butler)




 Yana Toboso, artist and story writer

The Black Butler artist and writer is Yana Toboso. She was born on January 24th, 1984 in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan. She is a Japanese Manga artist, her works are Rust Blaster and Black Butler.

The Genre are Historical fiction, Black comedy, Dark fantasy, Psychological thriller The manga and anime are called Black Butler and the Japanese name is Kuroshitsuji.
The manga/anime is about Ceil Phantomhive which is about a 13-year-old boy who is the head of the Phantomhive family. They are a well-known family known as 'the queen's watchdog' and they have the task of solving mysteries and crimes in the London underworld. Ceil has made contract with a demon in exchange for his soul. There are 21 books, 109 chapters and 3 seasons of the anime but only 2 seasons are dubbed into the English language and 3 seasons are in subtitles. The publisher is Yen press.

There are 3 seasons of anime.  The anime is called Black Butler the second  season is called Black Butler II the II means  2 in roman numerals and the season 3 is called Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus and there is one OVA called Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder this OVA is in 2 parts because each episode is an hour long.

In my opinion, I love this anime and the whole theme. the Victorian style clothing and how it is set in the very dark Victorian era. I like the bonds between master and servant, that are in the anime and the comedy parts of it.


There will be a film in 2017 called the Book of Atlantic
http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Sebastian-Michaelis-Kuroshitsuji.jpg
I chose this picture because it shows grace and beauty. I  like the style of Victorian clothes like the tailcoat and how it has a feminine touch to it. I also like how the clothing all matches on Ciel Phantomhive. 
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/3/3b/Ciel-his-butler-and-others-kuroshitsuji-


I chose this picture because it is a poster for Black Butler season two. I like that everyone is wearing black and you can see Ciel's and Sebastian's demon eye's.   I  like how you have the  purple rose petals flying around the background and  around them.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/56/7b/fc/567bfcedc60f5110da7eaa6cfd6ff4ea.jpg
I chose this picture because  it to Black Butler: Book of Circus.I chose it because of the circus style clothing and I like that the clothes show the dark gothic style to the circus. I also like how Yana Taboso has put a corset on Snake and made him more female like.


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/48/e7/a2/48e7a29efef87d60c28f98a8f814dc46.jpg
I chose this picture for the same reason as the above picture. I like this picture because Yana Toboso has made the undertaker look like a girl by adding high heels and a corset and braided his hair. I also like Vincent's long coat 
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/kuroshitsuji/images/c/ca/Demon_contracts.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110609105958
I chose this photograph because you see all the demon seal in the anime at one time I also chose this for reference for when I am drawing my own demon seal.
At the top you have Sebastian's demon seal, in the middle you have Claude's demon seal and at the bottom, you have Hannah's demon seal.

This research has influenced my idea  because my idea is based of the story and the characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment