Wednesday 15 June 2016

Pre production (Sketches)

These are the sketches for my character. 
Here I have drawn the first face of my character. I have used pencil and then went over with blue pen to create this. I chose this hairstyle because all of the Black Butler characters have long or really short hair, so I chose to combine them both. I have noticed that all of the Black Butler  Books of Circus characters have face paint, so I decided to use tears on his face. I have chosen to have a branch headpiece as an accessory to give him femininity.  

Here I have drawn up some seal marks. I know by reference that all the seal marks have a pentagram  so I based  all of that my designs on a pentagram. I chose the centre one with the wing because it looks like the others in the anime and it looks like a moon with stars inside. For my poster, I will not use the wing  because the wing is only for the demon.  




Here I have sketched my character's clothes. I chose this style because it goes with my theme of a circus. I have used a pencil to sketch these out on an A4 piece of paper.   I chose to draw a corset on him because the main characters in the anime mainly have waistcoats and corsets. I chose to draw the dangly raindrops because it makes the costume look fun.  
I chose to draw these faces because it shows his different emotions, the middle head is his demon form face and hair.  
Here is my poster design for my character I chose this design because it shows the circus theme and the supernatural theme.
  I chose this pose because he looks like he is having fun and it looks elegant. I drew the tent because it goes well with the circus theme.
 I added the seal mark there in the centre because it shows he is the owner. I placed the souls around him and heading towards him because he is a demon and loves souls; this also shows the supernatural theme very well.
 I do not have a set colour scheme  in mind, but  I will choose the colours that work well as my designs develop. I know it will be mainly dark colours to go with the theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment