Wednesday 8 June 2016

evaluation

My assignment brief was called Final Major Project. We had to choose any topic or any theme of our choosing.

I think this topic was an amazingly good unit because we could choose any topic of our own preference. We had a lot of free will over this project because there are so many themes we could choose, like The Exodus/Moses, Faith, Fasting, Fate/Destiny, Father Types, Fear, Female Christ Figures, Female God Types, Flood. These are only a few samples of themes which we could have chosen from.

The theme I have chosen was supernatural and circus because my survey had the most votes on these themes. I was happy with the themes because I have a really big interest in them.

 I also chose these themes because it is personal to me, because I love these themes and study under these themes at home (when I say study these themes it means I watch a lot of supernatural theme movies and programs at home and I have really loved circuses since I was a child.

People in my family do not know what I am into so that I thought it would be an eye opener to family and friends.  Before I studied supernatural subjects I did not understand why they are here and what are they and I used to think "What are they?" when I was younger.  Supernatural is something that is beyond our comprehending and we can't understand it because we rely can't see it that much. When I was younger I wondered what they look like, and now I know what they look like because I have seen them in my lifetime and I was rely shocked by what I have seen.


The themes I have chosen were supernatural and circus. I have chosen these themes because I love circuses and I love supernatural stuff and I think everyone else loves these themes. I want to create a poster that has the freaky but elegant supernatural feel while having a lot of aspects of circuses. Mainly I think people love the supernatural theme because there is a lot of anime that have that genre/ theme and people like fun so I think everyone loves the circus because of how amazing it is with the wild animals being tamed and the acrobatics to the juggling acts. I decided to do this because I have rarely seen these two themes being combined together.


I have researched manga and anime.  The anime that I have mainly researched was called Kuroshitsuji which means Black Butler. The reason I chose to research this is because I love the anime and the Victorian era theme and I have also researched Black Butler Book of Circus which is season 3 of Black Butler, which consists of a circus and circus acts and kidnappings. I have also researched into character design sheets because I did not know what the format is. Kuroshitsuji Book of Circus is my main source of inspiration because after watching it I have had lots of ideas from watching the anime.


I researched the artist Yana Toboso, the creator of Black Butler. She has done the illustrations and story for Kuroshitsuji. While I was researching her I found out that she has done some circus pieces and I have found researching this artist was very useful. What I love about this artist is that she loves Victorian style clothes and I love her manga stories about demons in the Victorian era.


The research that was very helpful was looking into Black Butler: Book of Circus because that inspired my design to be on the theme of supernatural and circus.  I also found researching character design sheets very helpful because it has shown me that they can be drawn in different media and styles.



My primary research was doing a survey for people to help me decide on things and find out what their views are and what they know about character design sheets. This was very useful and helpful, it helped me decide on which apps to use to create my final piece.


I have made a graphic  poster with the themes of supernatural and circus because I love those themes, and the themes were chosen by my voters on survey monkey so that means the public must like those themes more out of the themes I gave them to choose from.


The reason I have chosen the colour scheme is because it resembles what I am trying to portray because of the themes. I chose to have the bright colours and really dark colours because of the supernatural theme. I chose the bright colours because of the circus theme so I decided to mix both of these together for the graphic posters.

I have used a character design template to help me draw the body proportions but I have altered it in a way that makes it unique. I have credited this in one of my blogs.
 I got this image by searching on Google for "male character design template".

I have created my images using Photoshop tools and illustrator. I have chosen to use a smudge tool because it blends the colours together and makes the colours seem 3D. I have also used the hard brush tool to create the outline and to block colour my image and then smudge it to blend the two colours together. I have used a custom shape tool to create my demon seal. I did this by having my desired custom shape  and used the  polygonal lasso tool to break the shape up,  then I rearranged the shape to my liking and doing this created my demon seal.


My target audience is anyone who likes the themes supernatural and circus.


 I have developed new skills by learning how to make patterns with the shape tool and I have developed my use of the blending tool by not using a small brush but the bigger brush makes it a gradient effect. I have also learnt how to use the burn tool which gives the colours a darker shade to then when used 



I have found my time management was not so good with my research task. I kept to the schedule but then I kept on going back and forward with my other research that I had not finished.  Apart from that, my time management has been good. I wish that I have thoroughly kept to my schedule properly, in my further projects, I will follow my schedule.


I am extremely happy with my final piece because it is  my idea and fits my proposal but I have changed it a little. In my project proposal, I had planned my idea but I have changed it by not doing my character design because I did not have enough time to do it.  I went straight into my graphics piece, I did this because I would have taken too much time with it and the outcome of the character design would not show all of my skills that I have learnt throughout the year.


If I was to do this project again I would have learnt how to draw anime body proportions and practised it at home. I would also draw my character in different positions and I would have also made him have more of a facial expression. To be honest that is all I would have changed.




 I had a few problems with my piece because the skin colour was too white and I could not see his skin tones, so I had to change the colour to more of a darker skin tone. I also had some difficulty with coming up with my own unique character and then I had trouble thinking of some circus type clothes. I overcame this by watching the Black Butler Book of Circus anime, to give me some ideas for my outfit. 



I think my presentation went well, I liked the outcome of my presentation because it was simple and clean and well organised. I had created eleven slides to show to the teacher  but I think I could have shown my final piece but overall I think it went well.

in this project, I think my schedule was relly impressive because I have done a lot of work on by having it in full detail and evaluating it every week. I think this schedule is definitely an improvement then my other schedule that I have done for previously projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment